About us: Lucira Health is a startup striving to transform the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Lucira Health is the first at-home COVID test authorized by the FDA. Our technology is a single-use, user-friendly COVID test kit that can produce a positive or negative result at home within 30 minutes. This technology bypasses centralized medical lab testing and streamlines patient care. Our current areas of focus include COVID and influenza.
- The Global Supply Manager is the key liaison between the R&D, Commercial, and Manufacturing teams and core suppliers. The role is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies as well as recommending product innovations based on improving technology or material related cost savings.
- Ensure supply chain is adequately designed to meet business needs and supply continuous multi-location production facilities. Work with supply chain, process development, project management, logistics, and R&D to establish a flexible, resilient supply chain.
- Role is responsible for all indirect component and specialized sourcing including metal components, lab supplies, production supplies, PPE
- Requires individuals who are capable of thinking strategically while ensuring continued supply and production to final assembly ECMs
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Identify like for like alternates as well as more involved supply chain improvements that provide the right level of flexibility, supply continuity and cost for the business
- Oversee on time delivery from distributors to ensure no line stoppage
- Provide leadership in the negotiation of contracts and developing key long-term suppliers to achieve continuous improvement.
- Support strategic suppliers in improving their performance and support of Lucira business through business reviews, on-site visits, and metric driven dashboards
- Work closely with Supplier Quality and Engineering teams to ensure Lucira quality standards are met and swiftly rectify any quality issues that could impact the business
- Conduct global supplier business reviews, scorecard meetings, and RFQ process.
- Effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing. Understand the trade-offs between cost, volume, and quality in order to secure long term supply continuity.
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure business objectives are met. Includes the ability to rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders and to actively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
- Optimize global supply chain performance through cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking. Develop an in-depth understanding of value-added manufacturing processes and costs, reverse logistics, and market intelligence, and apply this knowledge to influence sourcing decisions.
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business. Manage global supply chain disruptions in real time.
- Monitor supplier capacity and identify risks and mitigations plans collaboratively within the supply network and with second sources
- Support R&D and engineering initiatives by sourcing specialized components or process related materials and resolving supply issues that impact key project milestones. Ensure new projects incorporate alternate componentry as part of qualification
- Point of Contact for production supply continuity caused by market dynamics or other source of shortage: proper PO issuance and management, negotiating capital expenditures at the ECM, raw material and consignment deep dive as necessary
- MS or BS Degree (EE/ME preferred), MBA is a plus.
- Technical background
- At least 12+ years of experience in Global Supply Management with focus on sourcing new components due to supply shortages, experience in variety of commodities preferred
- Experience in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry a plus
- Experience managing multiple ECMs and/or multiple sites concurrently
- Strongly desire a candidate that has experience working with top 20 ECM companies (Jabil, Plexus, Kimball, Flextronics preferred as all of these are strong in Med Devices and in top 20).
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex manufacturing & supply chain concepts to business & engineering stakeholders
- Knowledge of and experience with global supplier development & management and cost management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven track record of meeting challenging organizational objectives
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
- Must have exceptional ability to maintain and develop relationships within cross-functional teams as well as suppliers’ teams and management
- Great attention to detail with strong written/verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and Excel skills
Lucira Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Individuals seeking employment at Lucira Health are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.