About us: Lucira Health is a startup striving to transform the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Lucira Health is the first at-home COVID test authorized by the FDA. Our technology is a single-use, user-friendly COVID test kit that can produce a positive or negative result at home within 30 minutes. This technology bypasses centralized medical lab testing and streamlines patient care. Our current areas of focus include COVID and influenza.
As SRA in the Integration/Assay Development team, you will be working with R&D, System Engineering, Quality, and other technical teams to drive for completion of assay development milestones. The primary focus of SRA role will be to perform post-Feasibility, assay integration and development studies including V&V of Lucira Health assays, and to occasionally help with the Feasibility and assay research studies.
The SRA will be responsible for lab hands activity and office tasks including, but not limited to, reagent preparation, independently design and execute experiments in the lab, author test protocols and test reports, data analysis and presentation of results to the scientific team.
You will be a vital part of the Lucira Health Inc. team, with key contributions to develop, test, and validate new products.
- Ideal candidate will have industry experience in design control process of developing diagnostic products.
- Familiarity and work experience in regulated and QMS compliant environment.
- Good understanding and compliance with principles of GDP. Maintain clear, concise, and complete development protocols, reports, and lab notebook entries.
- Handle biospecimens in a molecular diagnostic setting, and familiar with pre-PCR and post-PCR lab procedures.
- Hands on experience and thorough understanding of molecular lab techniques such as PCR setup, DNA/RNA purification and quantification, ELISA, working in a BSL2 environment under GXP conditions and general safety regulations.
- Generate and maintain sterile stocks of molecular buffers and reaction mixes.
- Highly adaptive to changing project scopes and responsibilities.
- Very organized with the particular attention to details in documentation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A strong work ethic, drive, and attention to details.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills tailored for collaborative teamwork with engineering, product integration, and quality teams.
- Drive to thrive both individually and in a team environment as there will be many opportunities to learn and grow.
You will have a BS (or MS) in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics and have demonstrated technical experience and competence.
Experience and Training:
2+years (MS)/ 4+ years (BS) experience of working in an assay development lab and diagnostics/ biotechnology industry will be considered. Experience in regulated product development environment is highly desirable.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions:
Setting up a reaction can take prolonged periods of time sitting in a chair and pipetting. Don’t worry though, we like to run, dance, climb, and drink coffee when we are not sitting down.
Lucira Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Lucira Health are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Lucira Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at Lucira Health are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.