About us: Lucira Health is a startup striving to transform the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Lucira Health is the first at-home COVID test authorized by the FDA. Our technology is a single-use, user-friendly COVID test kit that can produce a positive or negative result at home within 30 minutes. This technology bypasses centralized medical lab testing and streamlines patient care. Our current areas of focus include COVID and influenza.
Responsible for leading electrical engineering projects as they relate to our product and process development activities. Works closely with internal R&D and Manufacturing teams as well as electrical component manufacturers for raw material and electrical component testing and qualification.
Primary Job Function:
- Interface generally between Lucira internal EE/FW/OPS and Contract Manufacturer’s (CM) Test Engineers (TE)
- Serve as a main point of contact for PCBA contract manufacturers responsible for updating the Lucira project team on matters involving the PCBA as needed.
- Review test protocols and reports submitted by the CM.
- Review FVT (PCBA level) and FATP (Final Assembly level) fixtures designs from CMs (suitability of accuracy/throughput/cost/scalability)
- Work with Lucira Engineering Team to establish specifications and acceptance criteria
- Review and perform statistical analysis on test results from FVT/FATP testers to spot trends
- Write/update test specifications documents
- Work with CMs on FW programming and serial communications issues
- Investigate root cause of yield hits
- Loosening of tolerances if warranted
- Help with reviews of component alternate source suggestions from CMs
- Help with bench testing of alternate source qualification runs
- Data entry into Arena
- Schedule EBRs, Signal Testing, Functional Assay Testing
- Electrical/optical tolerance stack up analysis
- This position may have a direct report in the future.
- Requires a BS in Engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of experience.
- PCBA and electrical component testing experience essential.
- Experience writing and testing protocol and reports.
- Medical device manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturer desirable.
- Experience in Product development and product transfer is preferred
- Knowledge of ISO, FDA, UL and CE requirements as they relate to manufacturing.
- Must be a hands-on problem solver.
- Must have demonstrated cross-functional team effectiveness, excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO and flexible hours for work/life balance
- Health, vision, and dental insurance w/ FSA
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Parental leave
- Choice of gym membership or commuter benefits
Lucira Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at Lucira Health are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.